PopUp provides two types of support for PopUp customers: Standard and Platinum.
|12 x 5 (Mon - Fri)6am - 6pm UTCIndia regional holidays excluded
|24 x 7 x 365
|Outside of Business Hours Availability
|Yes - 24 x 7 x 365(Priority High and Urgent tickets only)
|Ticket creation and Communication
|Access to Support Portal 24 x 7
|Maximum number of authorised user contacts per PopUp license per month
What Constitutes a Support Incident?
A “Support Incident” is defined as a single support issue and the reasonable effort required to resolve it. A single support issue is a product problem, error message or functionality issue that cannot be broken down into subordinate issues. If a problem consists of subordinate issues, each of these issues shall be considered a separate Support Incident. Support Incidents are not requests for general advice, guidance, or software functionality questions.
A Support Incident has the following criteria:
- Specific functionality issues are encountered while you are using PopUp Mainframe.
- There is a reasonable expectation that the issue originates from PopUp Mainframe.
A PopUp customer support agent provides technical support and maintenance services for features and frameworks that ship in official Popup Mainframe release vehicles. This support includes the following:
- A web portal will be available for customers to log Support Incidents with PopUp Mainframe.
- Commercially reasonable efforts will be provided by the Support organization to resolve or provide a workaround for the issue.
- Commercially reasonable efforts will be made at root cause analysis.
- Customers will have access to PopUp product documentation and knowledge base.
- Customers will have access to obtain copies of the licensed PopUp Mainframe software.
- Customers will have access to PopUp Mainframe Software updates and upgrades, security alerts, and technical bulletins.
Resolution and Closure of Support Cases
A Support Incident will be deemed resolved when you receive one of the following:
- Information that resolves the issue.
- Explanation, recommendation, usage instructions or workaround on how to obtain a software solution that will resolve the issue.
- Confirmation that the issue has been resolved in a subsequent release.
- Confirmation that the issue has been logged for future consideration.
- Notice that the product is working as designed.
- Information that isolates the issue to a third-party product, not supported by PopUp and/or
- A new or existing fix.
- A Support Incident may be considered resolved if the customer has failed to provide the necessary information timely to progress the investigation.
- PopUp may also resolve cases by identifying the Support Incident as outside the scope of PopUp Customer Support (as outlined below) or arising from a version, platform, or use case that is excluded from the Scope of PopUp Support.
Target Initial Response Times
|Major business impact
|< 6 hours
|< 2 hours
|Immediate escalation to development team, as necessary. Support Manager is notified if issue remains unresolved within 12 hours.
|Minor business impact
|< 24 hours
|< 6 hours
|Immediate escalation to development team, as necessary. Support Manager is notified if issue remains unresolved within 24 hours.
|No business impact
|< 72 hours
|< 24 hours
|No business impact. Request for enhancement only.
|< 72 hours
|< 48 hours
- For Standard support services, target initial response times carry over into the next business day.
- For Platinum support services, tickets with priority Low or Medium will only be supported during business hours.
Scope of PopUp Support
Within the scope of PopUp support
In case of any issue with PopUp, the first port of call should be the information contained in this site, in particular, Troubleshooting.
Issues in scope of PopUp support
- Assistance with PopUp tools and official releases, as listed in the PopUp Release Notes.
- Support for any issues encountered on PopUp Utilities as listed in the PopUp Utilities Release Notes.
- PopUp installation.
- Linux: IPL and shutdown process.
- Create Problem Management Report (PMR) with IBM for ZD&T issue (on behalf of the customer), and manage resolution.
- Troubleshooting and analysis of issue between Delphix and PopUp to determine if it’s a PopUp or Delphix issue. PopUp will advise if customer needs to raise Delphix support ticket.
Outside the scope of PopUp support
Note: PopUp is a fully functioning mainframe, and needs to be managed as a mainframe, for example regular maintenance for logs, spool etc. We recommend you implement the same maintenance on your PopUp as your physical mainframe. This will avoid issues with z/OS and applications running on the PopUp e.g. Db2, IMS, MQ, and JES.
Issues OUT OF SCOPE of PopUp support
- Upgrade troubleshooting of supported versions of the PopUp Software.
- Troubleshooting performance issues on PopUp.
- Support on issues in any third party products e.g. BMC. All third party support will be managed directly with the vendor.
- Logs getting filled up.
- Installation, configuration, and proactive health checks.
- Assistance with add-on solutions, such as new tools installations (not installed by PopUp).
- Assistance with custom configurations (e.g. RACF).
- Troubleshooting or tuning of mainframe applications.
- Consulting or guidance on architecture, sizing, or other planning requirements.
- Access to code or any other proprietary information.
Services can be supplied to address these issues, if you require. Contact your Account Manager to receive assistance if needed.
Log a Support Request
To log a support request, create a ticket in the PopUp Support portal.
Someone from our support team will get back to you as a matter of urgency. See Target Initial Response Times for acknowledgement times.
Note: you need to be logged in before you can raise a ticket. If you do not have a login for the PopUp Support Portal, please contact your company PopUp liaison, or email us on the address below.
For any other queries, you can email us at email@example.com.
To onboard your company for PopUp support, complete and sign the PopUp Mainframe Product License and Services Agreement, and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, please complete and return this Nomination Form via email, listing everyone who is approved to raise a PopUp support ticket. Only people in this list will be able to raise a PopUp support ticket via the portal. Identify the Primary Support Contacts (up to 3) in this list who can add and remove people from this list.
Page last revised on: 2023-09-18